Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
- 5 tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup simple syrup, equal parts of water and sugar
- 1 -2 lemon, juice from
- 5 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh peaches, cut into bite-sized chunks, sliced strawberries (optional) or 1 cup blueberries (optional)
- Steep tea bags in boiling water for 5 minutes; set aside to chill. Meanwhile puree the peaches and push pulp through a strainer.
- Add the strained puree to a 1/2 gallon pitcher, stir in the simple syrup and lemon juice, top with ice and pour tea over the top; stir.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until needed, stirring in fruit just before serving.
Hey teammatey! I made this & it's delish! I cut it down a bit & threw it all in the blender to puree the peaches vs. peeling, mashing & straining them. The end result looked more like a smoothie than iced tea but it was just for me. :) Made for US Southern round of Culinary Quest by a fellow Cruisin' Culinary Queen. :) xo Bethie/elmotoo
this is very refreshing made for southern leg cakepops on parade