Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Found this one on the recipe wall at Wilson Farms in Lexington MA. I haven't tried this yet (I haven't come across good fresh peaches lately), but I definitely intend to. If you prefer, the oj can be subbed with orange liqueur or peach brandy.
Top Review by lazyme
So yummy! Loved how simple this was and the taste of the peaches really came thru. I used these as a topping for recipe #517594. Thanks for sharing, Muffin Goddess. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups peeled sliced ripe peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix in the water and juice. Bring this to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for one minute.
- Stir in the peaches and continue simmering for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peaches soften slightly. Remove from heat. Because the peaches will continue to cook in the hot syrup, you don't want to overcook them while pan is on the heat.
- Serve warm or cold over ice cream.