Recipe by Bayhill
This peach sauce is wonderful to use over ice cream or pound cake when fresh peaches are in season. The orange liqueur and brandy really bring out the delicious peach flavor.
Top Review by kitsch kitchen
The sauce worked out really well with a vegan cheesecake recipe that I made. I didn't have any of the alcohol on hand, so made it with 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and sliced peaches (un-pureed). The pectin in the peaches gave the sauce a really great consistency. Everyone loved it! Thanks.
- 3 fresh peaches (medium size, peeled and pits removed)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- 1 cup fresh peach (peeled and sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons triple sec or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the 3 peeled and pitted peaches in container of an electric blender; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour puree into a medium saucepan. Stir in sugar, orange juice, and jam; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 cup peach slices, Triple Sec, and brandy.
- Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake.