Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This peach sauce is wonderful to use over ice cream or pound cake when fresh peaches are in season. The orange liqueur and brandy really bring out the delicious peach flavor.
- 3 fresh peaches (medium size, peeled and pits removed)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- 1 cup fresh peach (peeled and sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons triple sec or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brandy
- Place the 3 peeled and pitted peaches in container of an electric blender; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour puree into a medium saucepan. Stir in sugar, orange juice, and jam; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 cup peach slices, Triple Sec, and brandy.
- Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake.
The sauce worked out really well with a vegan cheesecake recipe that I made. I didn't have any of the alcohol on hand, so made it with 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and sliced peaches (un-pureed). The pectin in the peaches gave the sauce a really great consistency. Everyone loved it! Thanks.
I try hard not to leave out any ingredients listed in a recipe, but sometimes that's just not possible ~ In this case I omitted the brandy! Then, I added the triple sec when I poured the puree into the saucepan, then added the other 3 ingredients to the puree, brought it to a boil, then reduced the heat to the lowest & simmered about 5 minutes, strring all the while (I wanted the flavor of the liqueur only)! Anway, I ended up with A VERY, VERY TASTY SAUCE, one I'll make often when peaches are in season! Got my first taste of this served over a sweet potato cake I'd just made! DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]