Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is a wonderful pie recipe to use up all of those yummy and sweet summer peaches. To make peeling easier dip peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds then plunge into sink or bowl of ice water. Once cool, you will be able to just rub the skin off (this will only work on ripe peaches). If you top this with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream it will be heavenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2In large mixing bowl sprinkle sliced peaches with lemon juice and almond extract.
- 3Stir gently mixing well.
- 4Combine white sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, stirring well.
- 5Add flour to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- 6Combine peach mixture with flour & sugar mixture tossing gently to mix.
- 7Place bottom crust into 9" pie plate, pressing on sides and bottom to fit.
- 8Pour peach mixture into pie crust.
- 9Slice butter thinly and randomly place on top of peaches.
- 10Place second crust on top of peaches, folding top edge of crust under bottom edge of crust.
- 11Crimp with fork to seal around edges or using thumb and forefinger to flute edge.
- 12Make two slits in top crust.
- 13Bake at 425 for 20 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake an additional 40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown.
- 14If edges of crust start browning too much cover with foil.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 335.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g