Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a wonderful pie recipe to use up all of those yummy and sweet summer peaches. To make peeling easier dip peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds then plunge into sink or bowl of ice water. Once cool, you will be able to just rub the skin off (this will only work on ripe peaches). If you top this with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream it will be heavenly.
- 6 cups sliced peaches (peeled & pitted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large mixing bowl sprinkle sliced peaches with lemon juice and almond extract.
- Stir gently mixing well.
- Combine white sugar, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, stirring well.
- Add flour to sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Combine peach mixture with flour & sugar mixture tossing gently to mix.
- Place bottom crust into 9" pie plate, pressing on sides and bottom to fit.
- Pour peach mixture into pie crust.
- Slice butter thinly and randomly place on top of peaches.
- Place second crust on top of peaches, folding top edge of crust under bottom edge of crust.
- Crimp with fork to seal around edges or using thumb and forefinger to flute edge.
- Make two slits in top crust.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake an additional 40 minutes or until top crust is golden brown.
- If edges of crust start browning too much cover with foil.