Recipe by noway
I'm looking forward to when Colorado peaches are in season again so that I can make this delicious pie! This one uses apricot Jello in the filling. Prep time does not include time needed in the refrigerator to set.
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons apricot gelatin (powdered mix)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops almond extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 baked pie crusts or 1 graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add water and cook until very thick.
- Add apricot jello powder, lemon juice, almond extract, and food coloring.
- Mix in peaches (sliced into bite-size pieces).
- Pour into graham cracker or baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional).