Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my youngest daughter's favorite pie or peach cobbler. She loves the fresh peach stuff.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh sliced peaches (about 9)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry.
- Mix peaches and lemon juice.
- Stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix with peaches.
- Turn into pastry lined pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Put top crust on.
- Make slits in top crust and seal edges.
- Cover edges with 2 to 3 inch width of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or till crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slit in crust.
Wow! Served with a dollop of whipped cream. Heavenly.
This really is the best pie recipe. I used a Pillsbury Pie Crust and didn't have enough peaches so I added some blueberries. I added a litte more flour because of having a deep dish pan. Put foil over my crust and baked on 425 for 40 minutes then took foil off and lowered temp to 350 till the crust is even brown,,,,probably another half hour. Great recipe,,,,txs for sharing!
Super easy and delicious! I posted a pic of the final product!