Recipe by Kirby
Fresh peach pie recipe requires to cooking (excluding the crust!) and is best used with the freshest of peaches. Use a prebaked pie shell, or my Easy-Peasy Pie Crust recipe.
Top Review by aHardDaysNight
This pie was easy to make. It is essential that you have good peaches, though. Mine were a bit mushy and I think it might have actually been better with frozen peach slices that had been thawed. I really liked the almond flavoring, but the peach jell-o was a little too artificial for me. If it weren't for that peach jell-o, I would have given 5 stars. The crust was right on, and we enjoyed the pie with a big mountain of whipped cream on top. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons peach gelatin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
- 4 -6 peaches, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, syrup and water, bringing to a boil.
- Stir constantly, until all ingredients are clear.
- Remove from heat, and add the gelatin, stirring until dissolved, then add flavoring.
- When mixture is cooled, add to sliced peaches and pour into a baked shell.
- Refrigerate until the pie is set, and serve with whipped cream. Or vanilla ice cream. Or both!