Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh peach pie recipe requires to cooking (excluding the crust!) and is best used with the freshest of peaches. Use a prebaked pie shell, or my Easy-Peasy Pie Crust recipe.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons peach gelatin
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 dash salt
- 4 -6 peaches, sliced thin
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, syrup and water, bringing to a boil.
- Stir constantly, until all ingredients are clear.
- Remove from heat, and add the gelatin, stirring until dissolved, then add flavoring.
- When mixture is cooled, add to sliced peaches and pour into a baked shell.
- Refrigerate until the pie is set, and serve with whipped cream. Or vanilla ice cream. Or both!
This pie was easy to make. It is essential that you have good peaches, though. Mine were a bit mushy and I think it might have actually been better with frozen peach slices that had been thawed. I really liked the almond flavoring, but the peach jell-o was a little too artificial for me. If it weren't for that peach jell-o, I would have given 5 stars. The crust was right on, and we enjoyed the pie with a big mountain of whipped cream on top. Thanks for the recipe!
What a taste treat,this peach pie is sweet, tart and tangy all at once. The filling has a lovely gel texture and is perfect with the fresh peaches. This was quick and very easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely pie recipe Kirby.