Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From an old issue of House and Garden magazine that I was browsing through. Haven't tried it yet, but want to soon!
- 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie shell
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Spread mixture over bottom of baked and cooled piecrust.
- Place remaining sugar, orange juice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup peaches in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Toss remaining peaches with remaining lemon juice and set aside.
- Add peaches to cooked mixture and stir to coat. Let mixture cool.
- With slotted spoon, scoop up peaches and place in piecrust. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
WOW!! What a great flavor!! I think I'd increase the Cornstarch to 1-1/2T. Just a bit too runny and you could always tweek it with OJ if too thick. This is definitely a keeper.
This is a recipe that makes your favorite peach a real star! I used a shortbread crust, which worked great. I really love the recipe, but if you don't use a good fresh peach, don't be disappointed with the results.
Love the fact that the peaches have not been cooked! Delicious with a dollop of whipped cream. I had this for breakfast! Thank you Michelle! Made for Australian Recipe Swap 2007.