Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Betty's Pies Favorite Recipes. Peach was Betty's favorite of all the pies she made.
Make and share this Fresh Peach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) pie pastry
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 1⁄2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with pastry.
- Combine the 1 cup of sugar, flour and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Lightly mix in the fresh peaches and pour into the pie shell.
- Dot with butter and cover with a top crust.
- Prick the top crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Put the pie into a 400 degree oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
I have never made a pie before, but the neighbors tree was full of peaches so I decided to attempt this one. My boys helped me make it. It was so easy and the house smelled great while it baked. We ate half for dessert, by breakfast the rest was gone. We are picking more peaches today for a second pie!
DH loved this pie! I cut the sugar to less than half a cup, the peaches were very sweet, used becel instead of butter and used frozen peaches , the last of last years, getting ready to freeze more this year. My pastery was not the best this time, and the juice made quite a mess but tasted wonderful! Thanks for posting.
Fantastic! Tastes great with vanilla ice cream or vanilla ice cream with a caramel swirl.