Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
To die for!! This recipe also works great with fresh strawberries, just substitute strawberry Jello for the peach Jello. Prep time does not include time to bake the pie crust or cooling time.
- 1 baked 9 " pie shell
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons peach Jell-O
- Slice fresh peaches into bottom of baked pie shell.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except Jello) in saucepan and cook until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and stir in Jello.
- Pour over fruit. Cool until set. Serve with real whipped cream.
You are right. It is too die for. I can't wait to make it with strawberries too.
Turned out perfectly, well once I refrigerated it long enough, we first dug into it 1 1/2 hours after I made it and the pie fell part, but I pushed the other half together the best I could and we had it the next day and it was set nicely. Awesome flavor. Just wish I had more peaches to make it again.
This turned out great and elicited compliments and second helpings! I used a whole small container of jello powder instead of the 3 tbsp. Also, I used 1/2 cup of sour cream in the jello mixture to give it a little custard flavor.