Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
One of my granny's tried and true family favs.
- 5 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Put the peach slices in the pastry shell.
- In a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Pour mixture over the peaches.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- May need to cover the pie crust edges with foil if they start to over-brown.
fantastic pie - I did add a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon, but probably would have been just as good without. I'm sure to make this pie at least once a week during peach season
This was the best fresh peach pie I have ever tasted. I didn't change a thing. After one bite my husband said, "This is a keeper!". Thank you for sharing this recipe.