Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very refreshing salad, Lovely color. That little touch of broccoli gives it a special flavor. This is an entry in the ready, set cook contest of June 2002.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and leaves separated,stem removed
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon broccoli floret, finely chopped (Do not use any of the stem just the curly green top)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil or 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts or 4 tablespoons chopped cashews
- Arrange romaine leaves on 4 plates.
- Place peach slices and kiwi alternating the slices on the leaves.
- Whisk together the oil,vinegar,cilantro broccoli and oregano.
- Just before serving drizzle the dressing and sprinkle the nuts over the 4 salads.
We were looking for something light for dinner tonight, this fit the bill, very nice combination of flavours, I did wonder as i was making it! The dressing was especially nice, I would use it on other salads, probably without the broccoli. The fruits and the dressing complimented each other. We will make it again, thanks Bergy!!