Recipe by Bergy
Very refreshing salad, Lovely color. That little touch of broccoli gives it a special flavor. This is an entry in the ready, set cook contest of June 2002.
Top Review by Derf
We were looking for something light for dinner tonight, this fit the bill, very nice combination of flavours, I did wonder as i was making it! The dressing was especially nice, I would use it on other salads, probably without the broccoli. The fruits and the dressing complimented each other. We will make it again, thanks Bergy!!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and leaves separated,stem removed
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled,pitted and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon broccoli floret, finely chopped (Do not use any of the stem just the curly green top)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil or 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts or 4 tablespoons chopped cashews