Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From July 2006 Bon Appetit magazine. Because the peaches aren't peeled, rinse them well and rub dry to remove any fuzz.
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks in medium bowl.
- Bring cream and milk to simmer in large saucepan; gradually whisk into yolk mixture.
- Return to same pan.
- Stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens enough to leave path on back of sppon when finger is drawn across, about 6 minutes (do not boil).
- Pour into large bowl; mix in peaches and corn syrup.
- Chill uncovered until cold, at least 1 hour.
- Process custard in ice cream maker according to maufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to container; cover.
- Freeze about 6 hours.
- Serve with blackberries.
- Can be prepared 2 days ahead.
- Keep frozen.