Recipe by KathyP53
This is from Saveur Magazine. The Nehi peach soda intrigues me. I plan to make as soon as homegrown peaches are ready.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 large fresh peach, pitted, skinned, and pureed
- 1⁄2 cup peach soda (preferabley Nehi)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sugar, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup of the whole milk, and eggs into a medium saucepan and whisk until well combined. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large cowl and set aside to let cool.
- Once mixture has cooled, add pureed peach, peach soda, remaining whole milk, and a pinch of salt and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions. Transfer ice cream to a sealable freezer-safe container and freeze.