Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This dessert is so fabulous! It is my mother-in-law's recipe that can also be made as strawberry or raspberry by switching the Jello flavor and fruit. It is so fresh tasting that you will have a hard time stopping at just one serving! Note: It is important to note that the pudding used is the cooking kind, NOT the instant. This makes a 9 x 13 size dessert, but you could also put it in 2 pie crusts, or half the recipe for one smaller dessert. Enjoy!
Top Review by mrspotter
So sorry this didn't turn out for me....it sounded good, but it came out soupy and overly sweet which masked the flavor of the fresh peaches. Maybe it's meant to be made with canned peaches instead.
- 18 graham cracker squares (1 package)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (the kind you cook)
- 1 (6 ounce) packagejello peach gelatin
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping (cool whip)
- 3 cups peaches, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, combine dry pudding mix, jello powder and water.
- Stir and heat to a boil. Let it boil for one minute.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place in the fridge to cool and thicken for about a hour.
- Peel and cut up peaches (or fruit of choice) and set aside.
- Remove cooled Jello from the fridge and fold in the cool whip topping. Next fold in fresh fruit. Place back in fridge.
- Prepare graham cracker crust in a food processor or blender, adding all 3 ingredients.
- Place crust in the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish or in 2 pie dishes and press down firmly.
- Remove Jello mixture and pour into the crust. Place back in fridge to continue firming up, about another hour.
- Serve with whipped topping.