Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes. This is a wonderful dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar.
- 6 medium ripe peaches (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into small pieces
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish or deep glass pie pan with butter-flavored non-stick spray.
- Peel, pit and slice the peaches and put them in a large bowl.
- There should be about 6 cups.
- Add the liqueur, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the margarine until crumbly; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and the topping is golden brown.
Easy and good! Substituted brown sugartwin for brown sugar to save on more carbs. Still outstanding!! Bucky's Mom