Recipe by nnreq
This recipe comes from The New Family Cookbook for People With Diabetes. This is a wonderful dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth without all the sugar.
- 6 medium ripe peaches (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish or deep glass pie pan with butter-flavored non-stick spray.
- Peel, pit and slice the peaches and put them in a large bowl.
- There should be about 6 cups.
- Add the liqueur, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in the margarine until crumbly; sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and the topping is golden brown.