I read the suggestions and comments in the reviews when I tried this recipe that I adopted from the RecipeZaar account in February 2005. Instead of all the flour, sugar, and cinnamon going into the topping, I increased the amounts of each and mixed some with the peaches. (Originally the recipe called for 1 cup each flour and (white) sugar and only 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. I like cinnamon.) The result was a dessert with a nice consistency, not runny, and with the sweetness distributed throughout, not just in the topping. This fruity dessert is great served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Place sliced peaches in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together 1/2 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, then mix well with sliced peaches in bowl.
- Place peach mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine remaining flour, sugar, and cinnamon with the salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches in dish.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.