1/3 Photos of Fresh Peach Crisp
1 hr 15 mins
I read the suggestions and comments in the reviews when I tried this recipe that I adopted from the RecipeZaar account in February 2005. Instead of all the flour, sugar, and cinnamon going into the topping, I increased the amounts of each and mixed some with the peaches. (Originally the recipe called for 1 cup each flour and (white) sugar and only 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. I like cinnamon.) The result was a dessert with a nice consistency, not runny, and with the sweetness distributed throughout, not just in the topping. This fruity dessert is great served warm with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sliced peaches in a mixing bowl.
- 2Mix together 1/2 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, then mix well with sliced peaches in bowl.
- 3Place peach mixture in the bottom of a lightly buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish; set aside.
- 4Combine remaining flour, sugar, and cinnamon with the salt in a medium mixing bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 5Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches in dish.
- 6Bake in a preheated 375 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.5
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 248.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 66.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g