Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
This one is from a South Carolina cookbook. These are soft cake-like cookies.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Delicious! These were a nice light, cake type cookie. Not overly sweet with a hint of tart from the peaches. I loved the subtle spice flavors. I added a t. of vanilla and passed on the raisins, only baked a few off and then froze the rest of the dough. They were done at 20 mins. I'm not sure if I would want to bake many of these at one time and try to store them. They are so moist that they would probably stick together. I'll have to try and see if storing them layered with wax paper between the layers would work. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium fresh ripe peaches
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar in a bowl.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and seasonings.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Peel, pit and finely dice peaches, stir into cookie mixture.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes until cookies are brown on top.
- Cool thoroughly.