Recipe by Veggie_Boy4687
Dude, I love this recipe, people rave over my peach cobbler. My girlfriend is vegan so I like to make stuff vegan for her.
Top Review by jo_vegan
Excellent - Really lets the peaches shine. I made it in a preheated cast iron pan and it turned out fantastic. I did dust the top of the dough very lightly with cinnamon and sugar before baking for that little extra something.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup water
- ground cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine (I personally use vegan "smart balance")
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add in water and peaches.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in margarine until mixture has a cookie dough like consistency.
- Stir in soymilk until mixed.
- Drop by spoonfuls on the fruit (It won't cover it completely, but will when it bakes).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.