Recipe by Leta
A wonderful version of the old classic, this peach cobbler has a glazed finish to the top.
Top Review by PanNan
The crunchy glaze topping made this delicious peach cobbler unique. Since there were four of us, and I didn't want left overs, I cut the recipe in half, and that worked beautifully in a 8 X 8 square glass pan. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Leta.
- 6 tablespoons tapioca
- 6 -7 cups fresh peaches, sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
- 1 cup sugar (omit if using sweetened canned peaches)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- cinnamon, to taste
- nutmeg, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tapioca, peaches, sugar (if used), cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a buttered 9" X 13" baking dish.
- In a bowl mix thoroughly the ingredients for the Cobbler Dough.
- Spread over the fruit mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together DRY cobbler topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over the cobbler dough layer.
- Then pour the boiling water evenly over the cobbler.
- (Do Not Stir.) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean and top has a golden crust.