Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I saw Paula make this on the Food Network and I had to save this recipe for when peach season comes around. Serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. This looked fabulous!
- 4 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine peaches, 1 cup of the sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place butter in a deep baking dish and put in the oven to melt.
- Mix remaining cup of sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon fruit over top, gently pouring in syrup.
- Batter will rise to the top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
I have made this several times and it is easy and tasty. I think I am going to throw some dried cranberries in today. Food Network should get Paula back....
YummOOOOOOOOOO I made this last night with whipped cream. The only change I made was I mixed 4 cups of raspberries, peaches & apples for the fruit. It's actually better the next day right out of the fridge:)
This was fantastic! Made it with 6 large fresh peaches. I cooked the peaches in 3/4 cup of brown sugar and a tsp. of vanilla (and the water, of course) and used 3/4 cup granulated sugar in the flour mix. I grated a little fresh nutmeg on top before cooking. Mine was done after 35 minutes. Served it with homemade whipped cream. Everyone loved it. Thx. for posting!