Recipe by Marie
I saw Paula make this on the Food Network and I had to save this recipe for when peach season comes around. Serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. This looked fabulous!
- 4 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine peaches, 1 cup of the sugar and water in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place butter in a deep baking dish and put in the oven to melt.
- Mix remaining cup of sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping.
- Pour mixture over melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Spoon fruit over top, gently pouring in syrup.
- Batter will rise to the top during baking.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.