Recipe by Sharlene~W
A fabulous cobbler recipe. It is quick to make and delicious every time. If peaches are not in season--it is also wonderful with frozen sliced peaches--just be sure they are thawed through before you put it together and allow more time to cook.
Top Review by rgstahl
I've tried a lot of cobbler recipes, but this is absolutely the best. I've made it with strawberries, peaches, plums, and blue berries. My favorite is half blueberry and half peaches mixed together. I've also bought the mixed frozen fruit from Walmart that have strawberries, blackberries, and blue berries and used it. All combinations were wonderful. It's good hot, cold, and especially warm with vanilla icecream.
- 6 cups peeled sliced peaches
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Filling: Mix peaches, sugar and flour together and pour into a 15-inch baking dish.
- Batter: Combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in food processor.
- Process to combine.
- Add the milk and melted butter.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon batter over the peaches, making sure you spread to edge of dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon over the top.
- Bake in center of oven about one hour.
- Crust should be brown and crisp on the outside and cooked all the way through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Variation: Blackberry, blueberry or raspberry cobbler--omit cinnamon and nutmeg.