Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delicious sweet bread made with fresh peaches and topped with a brown sugar, pecan topping. Recipe found on the internet.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced peeled peach
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Beat in water and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in peaches.
- Pour into greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Combine ingredients for topping and sprinkle over.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack.
This is almost like a peach cobbler. I used a 29 ounce can of drained peaches and cut the salt back to 1/4 teaspoon. My Floriday-born fiancee loved it because it has a southern flair to it with the peaches and pecans! I am making it again for him for Valentine's Day!
Loved it! Have to make more already! Used fresh peaches from right here in Colorado, the best. The topping should not be skipped. I think I will increase the peaches by 1/2 cup though. As with a banana bread recipe I found on this site I'm going to split the mix to two loaf pans or maybe try muffin pans. Not sure how long to cook but will try 40-45 min. I might even try this recipe and use bananas and other fruit.
I replaced fresh peaches with canned ones. just as good!