Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
This is a great recipe for fresh summer peaches! Freezes well and makes a great quick breakfast, lunch box snack, etc. Fresh peaches make all the difference in flavor - if fresh isn't available, try frozen. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peeled peach
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour or 1 1⁄4 freshly ground soft wheat plus 2/3 cup all-purpose flour or 1 1⁄4 cups oat flour plus 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and extracts.
- Stir in peaches.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9-in.x5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool or 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf.