Recipe by Chabear01
This is an adopted recipe. I am always looking for a great peach cobbler. I will submit revisions if needed once I make this up.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Deeeelicious! I used half apples and peaches for this, the dough balls on top baked out just lovely, this is one of the better cobblers I have made and will definatley be making again, this was made for KK's Strawberry patch tag game, thanks Chachie!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 10 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced (2 quarts)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 4 T granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a fork, 2 knives, or a pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together the egg and cream in a liquid measuring cup.
- Slowly add this mixture to dry ingredients; mix with a fork until dough just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and roughly shape into a 12-inch log.
- Using a bench scraper cut log into 12 equal portions.
- Place the peaches, cornstarch, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Toss until well combined.
- Pour mixture into an 8 1/2 by 11 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Place rough balls of dough on top of peach mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Remove to a rack and let cool slightly.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.