Prep 12 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so yummy. When the peaches get ripe this is made a LOT!!
Make and share this Fresh Peach Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Mix peach slices with 3/4 cup sugar, set aside.
- Pour butter in 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and remaining sugar.
- Stir in milk, until just combined.
- Pour over butter.
- Top with peaches.
- Bake at 375* for 45 minutes.
I used 4 large peaches for this, just because I wanted to fill the dish. The cobbler topping, I left just the same. The dessert came out perfect. The aroma while this is baking is enough to make you drool. Served it warm with ice cream. It was awesome. Thanks again, Inez! :o)
Oh Inez, honey this was just divine. This was our dessert for the Zaar Cookathon/4th of July BBQ. My guests were so impressed and all rated this 5-stars. Perfect dish to finish off a day full of eating and festivities. I topped it off with a dollop of whipped cream YUMMMMMMMMMM!! Thanks so much.
Wonderful cobbler, Inez! I used 4 good sized ripe peaches and melted the butter in the 8x8" glass pan in the microwave to save myself a step. I served this delicious cobbler with ice cream and it was superb! Thanks for a great dessert tonight, Inez!