Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I would make this dessert, but I can't even pronounce it! Any type of fruit should work in place of the peaches.
- 2 cups peeled peach slices (about 4 peaches)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- confectioners' sugar (optional) or vanilla ice cream (optional) or frozen yogurt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- Arrange the peaches in a single layer.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture over peaches.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar if desired.
- Cut into wedges.
- Serve with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
So easy and the girls at Estee Lauder in Monterey, California loved it. They like to say the name, too. Nice with some cinnamon as well.
I tried it tonight with apples. The flavor was nice. Subtle without being too sweet,very creamy. I made it a couple hours ahead of time and while it was quite good, I think it would have been better warm like the recipe suggests.
I tried to make this with pears and the results were a bit odd. Sort of like lovely sweet pears swimming in egg custard. No puffing. No cakey edges. Nothing you could slice. I believe this was user error and not a reflection on the recipe. All that said it was delicious - with most of the sweetness coming from the pears. The flavors were so soft and velvety, you could as easily eat this as breakfast as you would for dessert. Planning to try again soon. Thanks SG.