1 hr 7 mins
This is not too sweet a cake and would go lovely along side a cup of tea. "When Portuguese soldiers conquered South America from the Aztecs and Inca in the 1500's AD, they brought peaches with them, and people began to grow peaches in South America. In the 1600's, Spanish settlers also brought peaches to Florida, where the Cherokee and Iroquois soon learned to grow them. Cherokee and Iroquois traders sold peach seeds further west, and peach seeds gradually crossed North America to meet up with peach trees planted by Spanish settlers in Arizona and California." Information from, www.historyforkids.org.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other milk, maybe rice milk)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix dry FRUIT MIXTURE ingredients besides fresh peaches. (I prefer to sift the flours together).
- 3Add the canola oil, egg and milk and stir to incorporate.
- 4Fold in the fresh peach slices.
- 5Grease a large loaf pan and pour mixture inches.
- 6Toast the blanched slivered almonds in a small dry pan over medium high constantly watching over them as they suddenly brown quickly. Shake the pan a few times until evenly golden.
- 7Mix all ingredients of crumb mixture together and press on top of the batter.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- 9Enjoy a slice with a cup of tea.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Cake (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder