Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Uses fresh peaches, left-over challah and almond extract.
Make and share this Fresh Peach Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 challah, torn into small pieces
- 5 peaches, cut into large chunks
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1/2 Tb butter and grease a 9" x 9" pyrex baking dish: set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl: set aside.
- Heat the 1 1/2 tb butter over medium heat and add peaches. Cook about 5 minutes then add cream and mix. Turn off and remove from heat. Quickly add egg/sugar mixture, vanilla and salt.
- Pu the challah into the dish and pour the liquids over. Mix it all up.Bake for 40 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until golden browned.
My son said, "Mom, this is the BEST dessert you've ever made! I will definitely make this again. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I made it as the recipe states (but with Hawaiian bread), and mine puffed up like a souffle also. Refreshing and delicious with fresh peaches. :)
I love this simple bread pudding. Mine puffed up like a gorgeous souffle. Custardy texture with the peachy almond flavor is addictive. No sauce needed on this one. I did lighten mine up a little and used 1 C half & half and 1 C whole milk in lieu of the heavy cream. Highly recommended-Will use this often. Wendy A
I used almost 3/4 of a loaf (about 3/4 lb) of whole grain bread for this pudding, but otherwise pretty much followed the recipe! And it added greatly to the outcome, I'm sure, that I was able to find some wonderfully fresh, full-of-flavor ripe peaches! Thoroughly enjoyed this bread pudding & will be keeping the recipe on hand for future enjoyment, too! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]