Recipe by petlover
Uses fresh peaches, left-over challah and almond extract.
Top Review by WorkNMomma
My son said, "Mom, this is the BEST dessert you've ever made! I will definitely make this again. Thank you for sharing the recipe! I made it as the recipe states (but with Hawaiian bread), and mine puffed up like a souffle also. Refreshing and delicious with fresh peaches. :)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 challah, torn into small pieces
- 5 peaches, cut into large chunks
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take 1/2 Tb butter and grease a 9" x 9" pyrex baking dish: set aside.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl: set aside.
- Heat the 1 1/2 tb butter over medium heat and add peaches. Cook about 5 minutes then add cream and mix. Turn off and remove from heat. Quickly add egg/sugar mixture, vanilla and salt.
- Pu the challah into the dish and pour the liquids over. Mix it all up.Bake for 40 minutes covered. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more or until golden browned.