Recipe by ~Bliss~
A different cobbler...
Top Review by saratogaslim
Very good, I liked it a lot and would make again for sure...very pleased that it's not super sweet...just enough for a nice treat. Substituted butter for the margarine. Like other reviewers, I also blanched the peaches first, and I did double the blueberries (had lots around!). I did think the cobbler dough was a bit heavy, and mine did not spread well at all , but otherwise...great!
Peach Blueberry Filling
- 6 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Basic Cobbler Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and lemon juice; mix gently.
- Add blueberries, sugar, cornstarch; mix to combine.
- Spoon into an ungreased 9" square pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder;.
- cut in margarine with a pastry blender or fingers.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Drop batter in spoonfuls over fruit (it will spread).
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until golden brown.