Recipe by Sonata
This was listed in our local paper as coming from the New Jersey Peach Promotion Council. I entered the recipe as printed in the paper, but when I made it I sliced the zucchini very thinly, halved the amount of cheese, and left out the salt. I also used about 1 tablespoon of dried thyme since I didn't have fresh. My husband and I devoured half of it at lunch and decided to save the rest to have at dinner over basmati rice. I'd like to try it with fresh basil as well.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Wow, I just loved this! DH did not care for it, personal taste preference. I did try this with basil in place of the thyme, wonderful! I also used frozen diced peaches. Thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh zucchini, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash and slice zuchini into rounds.
- Place layer of zucchini on bottom of a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1 Tbsp thyme.
- Layer with half the peaches.
- Repeat zucchini layer, cheese and spices.
- Finish with remaining peaches.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until zucchini is soft.