Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this tasty recipe on the internet (epicurious.com).
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 13 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chilled salted butter, diced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger, divided
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale
- 3 tablespoons chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 large peaches, halved, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, and baking powder in large bowl.
- With fingers rub butter into mixture until very coarse meal forms (oatmeal-size flakes).
- Mix in 1/4 cup chopped ginger.
- Add ginger ale and 2 tablespoons cream.
- Toss until moist clumps form.
- Gather dough into 7-inch log and cut crosswise into 6 equal rounds.
- Place on baking sheet, spaced apart.
- Shape each into 2 1/2-inch diameter rounds.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl and brush over top and sides of shortcakes.
- Bake shortcakes until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, toss peaches in large bowl with 4 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/4 cup chopped ginger and refrigerate.
- Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until peaks form.
- To serve, halve shortcakes horizontally and place bottoms on plates.
- Top each half with peaches, whipped cream, and shortcake top.