1/1 Photo of Fresh Peach and Gingercream Shortcakes
1 hr 30 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Found this tasty recipe on the internet (epicurious.com).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 13 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chilled salted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger, divided
- 1/2 cup ginger ale
- 3 tablespoons chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 1/4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- 4 large peaches, halved, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk flour, 6 tablespoons sugar, and baking powder in large bowl.
- 4With fingers rub butter into mixture until very coarse meal forms (oatmeal-size flakes).
- 5Mix in 1/4 cup chopped ginger.
- 6Add ginger ale and 2 tablespoons cream.
- 7Toss until moist clumps form.
- 8Gather dough into 7-inch log and cut crosswise into 6 equal rounds.
- 9Place on baking sheet, spaced apart.
- 10Shape each into 2 1/2-inch diameter rounds.
- 11Mix 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl and brush over top and sides of shortcakes.
- 12Bake shortcakes until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20 to 22 minutes.
- 13Cool on wire rack.
- 14Meanwhile, toss peaches in large bowl with 4 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/4 cup chopped ginger and refrigerate.
- 15Beat remaining 1 1/4 cups cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl until peaks form.
- 16To serve, halve shortcakes horizontally and place bottoms on plates.
- 17Top each half with peaches, whipped cream, and shortcake top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach and Gingercream Shortcakes
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.7
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.8 mg
- Sodium 314.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: