Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple summer recipe that is also great for breakfast was originally was printed in Bon Appetit (August 1981). The original recipe used 2 tsp kirsch, which I omit.
- 14.79 ml frozen orange juice concentrate
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 orange, rind of, grated
- 8 firm peaches, halved and pitted (2 1/2 lbs)
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- Combine first 4 ingredients in 2 quart serving bowl and blend well.
- Using a food processor (medium or thick slice disc): place peaches in food tube and slice, using light pressure.
- Add to orange juice mixture.
- Gently blend in blueberries, tossing lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
This is a tasty, healthy & colourful summer treat! I scaled the recipe in half (cooking for 2) with no problems & eliminated the sugar for dietary reasons. I removed the peach skins with a veggie peeler (hate the fuzz) & sliced them by hand (hate cleaning the food processor). There wasn't much left but I'm going to eat it for breakfast. Thanx Ellie!
I have a problem with my sugar also, so this recipe worked great for me. I cut back on the sugar, but did not cut it completely out. I made this up in the afternoon, sat it in the fridge and put it on top of my pancakes I had for breakfast. Great combination, and oh so good with those pancakes.