Recipe by ellie_
Simple summer recipe that is also great for breakfast was originally was printed in Bon Appetit (August 1981). The original recipe used 2 tsp kirsch, which I omit.
Top Review by CountryLady
This is a tasty, healthy & colourful summer treat! I scaled the recipe in half (cooking for 2) with no problems & eliminated the sugar for dietary reasons. I removed the peach skins with a veggie peeler (hate the fuzz) & sliced them by hand (hate cleaning the food processor). There wasn't much left but I'm going to eat it for breakfast. Thanx Ellie!
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 orange, rind of, grated
- 8 firm peaches, halved and pitted (2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in 2 quart serving bowl and blend well.
- Using a food processor (medium or thick slice disc): place peaches in food tube and slice, using light pressure.
- Add to orange juice mixture.
- Gently blend in blueberries, tossing lightly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.