Recipe by Hey Jude
This makes just two servings, so it's a nice dessert after a romantic meal, or lunch with a friend. It's so quick and easy and can bake while you're having your meal.
Top Review by Slix
This was THE BEST cobbler that we have EVER had! The biscuits on top are a nice pairing with the sweet berries. I tripled the batch and used 1 bag of frozen peaches instead of the fresh peaches (our fresh peaches had a few too many worms this year!) Also, after putting the biscuit topping on I sprinkled it with a little cinnamon and sugar just to give it a hint of sweetness as well. It made enough to fill 6 and maybe a 1/2 ramekins. It was the perfect dessert for our family! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 1 large peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups blackberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream or 6 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 1 1/2-quart oven-proof glass baking dish, toss together peach slices, blackberries, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; stir in cream and mix briefly just to make a wet batter.
- Drop topping over fruit in a ring around inside of dish, so fruit is bare in the center.
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven until batter is done and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon into bowls and serve warm.