Recipe by Celeste!
Make this with frozen fruit or fresh fruit. From the May 2008 issue of Cooking Light magazine. Feel free to substitute blackberries for strawberries or all peaches, all blackberries, etc.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Delicious cobbler! I didn't measure; just guesstimated the fruit. Took a while for me to make b/c I had lots of small peaches to peel, but that's how it goes! Thanks for the tasty summer dessert!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- cooking spray
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches (about 1 lb)
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided (about 4 1/2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided (about 4 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter into the bottom of a 2-quart dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine peaches, blackberries, and 1 tablespoons flour in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and ginger; toss gently to combine.
- Pour peach mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Lightly spoon remaining 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine 1 cup flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp melted butter and milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour batter evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden brown.