Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love this!
- 6 medium peaches, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil. In a large, non-metal bowl, combine all fruit mixture ingredients and toss gently to mix. Spoon fruit mixture into 8-inch square or 9-inch round non-metal baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups pancake mix and 2 tablespoons sugar; mix well. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water and stir to make a soft dough. Spoon dough over fruit mixture, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle dough with 2 teaspoons sugar. Place baking dish on the foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is deep golden brown. Serve with ice cream, if desired.