Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great treat for summer parties.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh berries (I like raspberries or blackberries)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons course granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Topping: Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder.
- Add milk and 1/4 c butter or margarine all at once.
- Stir until smooth; set aside.
- Filling: In a medium saucepan, stir together brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in water.
- Add peaches and berries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and lemon juice; stir until butter melts.
- Pour into a 1 1/2 qt ungreased casserole dish.
- Spoon topping in mounds over hot filling; spread evenly over filling.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of 2 tablespoons.
- course sugar and nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Place on a shallow baking pan in oven.
- Bake cobbler in 350 degrees F oven about 35 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted into crust comes out clean.
- Serve warm with icecream, if desired.
This was so-o-o-o good!! I have to admit, I added a little extra peaches and used blueberries and blackberries