Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Pasta and shrimp in a creamy dressing. We make a meal of this with french bread and a nice white wine. A nice addition is drained and rinsed black beans.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (white and green)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb medium pasta shell (cook al dente)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 lb cooked cleaned shrimp (I use medium size)
- 1 cup avocado (small dice)
- In blender or food processor, puree the first 6 ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Add cooked pasta, peas, shrimp, and avocado.
- Toss to coat well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
I am crazy for fresh shrimp salad. This one was delicious. I really liked the chopped up avocado and the fresh basil. The flavors all went together well. Made a nice lunch for my daughters and me. Thanks Inez.
I made this for lunch and it is wonderful and easy! The creamy sauce is a perfect blend of flavors. Didn't know how the avocado would work, but loved it! I think the recipe would work well with chicken too.