Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
Often having very little time to cook, this meal allows for an easy, quick and healthy meal that you can throw together in the time it takes your pasta to cook. I already have pre-roasted garlic in the fridge to use in recipes like this which saves time. I use Mean Chef's Recipe for that:see Roasted Garlic. I have used garlic powder, dried basil and regular table salt as substitutions, but it doesnt taste at all the same. What's great about this "sauce" is it is a base to add just about anything you want to it, from seafood to veggies. It has a very plain and simple taste.
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 12 bite-size fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 6 fresh plum tomatoes (cut up) or 1 (5 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (fine or coarse)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 small lemon (optional)
- pasta, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pasta in boiling water.
- In a large sauce pot, combine all other ingredients.
- Stir until combined well and evenly coated with the olive oil.
- Place sauce pot on LOWEST setting on stove and cover, checking every few minutes.
- Let those items become luke warm. NOT HOT. If they get hot; just shut off and keep the lid on to keep them warm.
- When pasta is done; drain it and toss with the "sauce" base, and squeeze lemon over it.