Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Can't beat fresh pasta....any day!
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine flour, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper in the b owl of a food processor. Whirl in short bursts until dough comes together, about 15 seconds.
- If dough appears too dry, add a few drops cold water. If too wet, add flour.
- Turn out onto a wooden board and gently knead together until smooth and elastic. Rub with oil and wrap in plastic. Set aside on counter surface to rest for at least 30 minutes. Dough can be chilled overnight and rolled out just before you wish to cook and serve.
- To roll out, follow manufacturer's directions from pasta machine.
- To cook, toss pasta into 4 quarts of boiling salted water. Stir once or twice and boil uncovered until al dente. Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the pasta but will require less time than dried pasta. Drain and return to pan. Immediately serve or toss with sauce.
I used this recipe at a pasta making demo at my club. It was simple and fast to make as you didn't have to knead it. It rolled out and cut it every easy. The pasta was excellent. Everyone said it will be their go to recipe from now on. I followed the recipe exactly and added to tsp, of water to bring the dough into a ball in the processor. We served the pasta with homemade chicken soup & artisan bread & butter to 34 very happy people.