Recipe by Pietro
Delicious pasta dish with fresh green peas. This a simple but tasty recipe that will have you wanting for more.
Top Review by Crustee
Recipe is very good as written, it has a very fresh taste. My Sicilian mother makes a version of this dish with the exception that she fries her onions in olive oil, spring onions mixed with regular chopped onion till golden brown and then adds peas, parsely and a bit of water, salt and pepper and boils till tender and mixes any type of cooked and drained pastas and tops with parmigiano cheese. Her version is savory and not as mild as this version
- 500 g fresh peas
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 500 g fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles
- pecorino cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peas in a saucepan with the salt, spring onions, olive oil, parsley and water.
- Cook them gently for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime,cook the tagliatelle in a separate saucepan, drain it and return it to the saucepan.
- Add the cooked peas to the tagliatelle, making sure to include the juices.
- Mix well and serve hot with grated pecorino cheese.