Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious pasta dish with fresh green peas. This a simple but tasty recipe that will have you wanting for more.
- Place peas in a saucepan with the salt, spring onions, olive oil, parsley and water.
- Cook them gently for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime,cook the tagliatelle in a separate saucepan, drain it and return it to the saucepan.
- Add the cooked peas to the tagliatelle, making sure to include the juices.
- Mix well and serve hot with grated pecorino cheese.
Recipe is very good as written, it has a very fresh taste. My Sicilian mother makes a version of this dish with the exception that she fries her onions in olive oil, spring onions mixed with regular chopped onion till golden brown and then adds peas, parsely and a bit of water, salt and pepper and boils till tender and mixes any type of cooked and drained pastas and tops with parmigiano cheese. Her version is savory and not as mild as this version
I loved this recipe. It was easy and delicious. Use tagliatelle pasta noodles if at all possible. They were made for this dish. It wasn't clear if I should use 500 g of fresh peas, before or after shelling. I decided to use 500 g of shelled peas. More liquid would not hurt this dish either.
Very nice dish, perhaps a bit on the plain side without the pecorino cheese (we added a generous 1/4 cup or more per serving). I recommend 1 cup vegetable broth instead of the water, otherwise fine! Thanks!