Recipe by MasakoHI
In Hawaii, papaya and coconuts are plentiful therefore the combination makes a delicious jam. This recipe can be halved but do not double otherwise it may not jell.
- 4 cups papayas, pureed
- 2 cups fresh coconut, grated
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (2 ounce) boxdry fruit pectin
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook slowly the papaya puree, grated fresh coconut, sugar and box of Sure Jell dry pectin for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the grated fresh ginger and cook for another 5 minutes until it is thickened.
- Place in four sterilized pint size bottles.