Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy and refreshing breakfast.
- 2 pints plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup homemade granola cereal or 1⁄4 cup toasted pecans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup good honey
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2-1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into sections
- Line a sieve with cheesecloth or paper towels and suspend it over a bowl. Pour the yogurt into the sieve and allow it to drain, refrigerated, for 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the thickened yogurt into a medium bowl and stir in the currants or raisins, vanilla, honey, and orange zest.
- Thin with orange juice until it is a desirable consistency.
- Divide yogurt among 4 dessert dishes or parfait glasses, spooning yogurt in alternating with granola. Garnish with sections of orange and serve.
Really tasty!!! Lovely orange flavour. I used Balkan (thick) yogurt so I didn't strain, currants, homemade granola, halal vanilla paste, plus the rest. I would make this again!