Recipe by Bec
From "Taste/the Best of Taste," compiled recipes published in the Taste section of The Minneapolis Star, 1972.
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add cold water, peels and lemon juice.
- Chill until partially set and very thick.
- Meanwhile in small mixer bowl, beat egg white to soft peak stage.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until stiff, but shiny.
- Beat thickened gelatin at high speed in small bowl until foamy and double in volume.
- Continue beating on medium speed while adding beaten egg white.
- Fold in orange pieces.
- Spoon into 1-quart mold and chill until firm.